- China Tours +
- Create My Trip
- Destinations +
- Travel Guide +
- China Visas
- The Great Wall of China
- China’s Top 10 Attractions
- Giant Pandas
- The Terracotta Army
- Best of China
- Culture +
- Asia Tours
- Day Tours
We Fix the Uncertainty & Concern:
Zhangjiajie Glass Bridge is the world's longest and highest glass-bottomed bridge spanning over two mountains in Zhangjiajie Grand Canyon.
It is a must-see attraction if you want to experience something exciting in China.
But do you know that it is not as easy as to visit the other attractions in Zhangjiajie due to its a little bit complicated ticket booking, and inconvenient transportation?
Want to have a hassle-free trip to the Glass Bridge in Zhangjiajie? Continue to read.
There are three types of tickets:
|Ticket Type||Cost||Time Needed for a Visit|
|Ticket A for the Grand Canyon only||118 yuan||3 hours|
|Ticket B for the canyon and Glass Bridge||219 yuan||3–4 hours|
|Ticket C for the Glass Bridge only||138 yuan||40 minutes|
As a maximum of 600 people is allowed on the glass bridge at one time, visitors are allowed to enter in batches. The entering time is set when booking the ticket.
Ticket C is only used in the afternoon. If you want to visit the bridge in the morning, you need to buy the Ticket B even though you don't want to see the canyon.
You need to book a ticket in advance from the official website or through a travel agency, as no tickets are sold on the spot except for discounted tickets for kids, students, and senior people.
The official website only accepts bookings made with a Chinese identity card number. Being a foreign visitor, you’d better book through a travel agency.
Our best-value, customizable, 1-Day Zhangjiajie Glass Bridge Tour includes tickets and access to the glass bridge.
1. Visitors can only take mobiles and small-sized bags on the bridge. There is a luggage storage area before the check-in entrance where you can leave your belongings for a fee.
2. If you plan to visit both the glass bridge and the canyon, we recommend you to visit the glass bridge first to avoid the detour.
3. The tour trail is one-way. The entrance is on the mountain and the exit is at the bottom. To retrieve your baggage, you have to return back to the entrance after your tour.
To save time and energy, you are recommended to go there with just your wallet, passport, smartphone (or snapshot camera), and a small handbag.
4. The glass bridge is very popular with visitors from home and abroad. It is crowded most of the time, especially during national holidays. We recommend you start your day early and try to arrive before large bus tour groups.
5. Check the weather in advance as the glass bridge is likely to close in severe weather.
6. Do not attempt it if you have heart problems, high blood pressure, or a fear of heights.
Zhangjiajie Grand Canyon Glass Bridge is 60km from the downtown of Zhangjiajie City.
Zhangjiajie is easily accessible by airplane or train from the main cities of China, such as Beijing, Shanghai, Guangzhou, Xi'an, Changsha, Shenzhen. Check the details on Zhangjiajie transportation.
Take a bus from Zhangjiajie City Bus Station (张家界市中心汽车站) to Wulingyuan (武陵源) Bus Station. The travel time is about an hour. Then take a bus directly to the canyon.
Take the "Wulingyuan–Grand Canyon" line (武陵源–大峡谷) at Wulingyuan Bus Station. It takes about 40 minutes. Once in the Grand Canyon, follow the signs and people to reach the glass bridge.
There are three glass skywalks in Tianmen Mountain Scenic Area, which is about 85 kilometers away from Zhangjiajie Grand Canyon Glass Bridge.
Different from the Zhangjiajie Grand Canyon Glass Bridge hanging in the air, Tianmen Mountain Glass Skywalks are built along the edges of the mountains' summits, clinging to the vertical cliffs at a height of over 1,400 meters (4,600 feet).
Similar to the glass bridge, the glass skywalks will give you a thrilling feeling, like you are walking in the sky. If, unfortunately, you do not get a ticket for the glass bridge, you can try the glass skywalks.
When the glass-bottomed bridge opened, it became another of many highlights of Zhangjiajie. If you want to enjoy the stunning scenery and awesome attractions of Zhangjiajie, see our most popular tours below for inspiration or see more Zhangjiajie tours.